Where to find a job in Sweden
Sweden offers a wide selection of publicly and privately-run job sites for job seekers. Ranging from websites focused on listing open positions, right through to recruitment agencies looking to fill positions on behalf of their clients. There are plenty of opportunities for all types of jobseekers. And do keep in mind that a lot of people ended up in their current position thanks to networking!
Job sites & recruitment agencies
There ara a lot of job sites and recruitment agencies operating in Sweden.
- Platsbanken is part of the Swedish Employment Agency (Arbetsförmedlingen):
- EURES is a European Job Mobility Portal:
- Øresunddirekt offers information for those looking to commute between Sweden and Denmark:
- For English-language jobs in Sweden check The Local:
- For more information about finding a job in Sweden you can take a look at these helpful starting points at sweden.se:
Networking is a key ingredient when it comes to finding a job in Sweden so try and grow your network in a variety of ways. International Citizen Hub Lund holds many events to facilitate networking and are constantly welcoming new people into the fold. Many organizations provide volunteers with the unique experience of being able to help others while helping themselves. Some firms offer internships that lead to new jobs or a wider network, and there are plenty of other networking events to be found throughout the region.
Social media offer platforms for users to advertise their skills, and for companies to attract new talent by posting open positions. We suggest that you search for example within your field / speciality or within a city / region.
A lot of companies in Sweden use Linkedin to find and recruit new talent. So keep your profile updated, be active, comment, share and join groups!
There are also groups and job pages on Facebook.